I get it. It may be hard to know when it’s time to take a shower. Just in case you ever question when it’s time to let lovely beads of water, soap, shower gel, a loofa, and/or plush towels touch your body. Here’s a few hints of when a shower is in order
- Its’ morning. This should be your number one clue. You’re gonna leave the house most mornings. Even if you aren’t, you’ve spent a ton of time sweating and potentially rolling in your own filth for 4-8 hours. This means your body is dirty. It’s time to take a shower.
- You just worked out. And when you work out, you sweat. When you sweat, you stink. And when you stink, you need a shower. Point. Blank. Period. (And if you’re like me, I don’t want to use expensive Bath and Body Works shower gel for after-workout showers. So just use a cheap $1.00 suave body wash. You’re just trying to get the nastiness off. Frankly, I’ll use the cheap soap in the gym if necessary. It’s cheap but who cares? It’s better than feeling sweaty.)
- It’s night. Maybe you enjoy taking showers at night. Maybe you rather not get in bed with all the grossness of the dayon your body. If this is the case, shower baby.
- You smell. Enough said.
- You feel like you smell. We all have time when we may become concerned about our BO. It’s hard to take care of it when there’s no shower nearby. To take care of it quickly, go to the nearest bathroom, wet a paper towel, add soap from the dispenser, go to a stall, and take care of your business.
- People back up when they come close to you. Okay… I really said this to be funny. But to stay on top of this, take inventory of your body odor. It’s okay to be aware of your scent. You don’t have to obviously reach under your pits and sniff, but just pay attention. If you smell a smell, and think it may be you, don’t deny it. If you aren’t by a shower, follow the steps outlined in number 5.
- You spent time at the beach – in the sand – and in beach water. Wow. That was a great time. But now you’re pretty gross. If not anything else, rinse off, though a shower is much better to protect yourself from the germs and general grossness.
And don’t forget, if you’re ever showering in public, have flip flops/shower shoes at hand to protect yourself from germs and bacteria.