The irony behind fact that I’m posting this on the World Wide Web is funny itself. It’s courageous and its on the Internet. The irony pretty much stops there though. If you know me, you know that the things I post below are things I have no problem escaping my thoughtful lips.
The fact thaat I’m writing this on an iPad MINI should tell you just how desperately I felt I needed to say something. (Okay need may be a bit of an exaggeration, but typing on this on screen keyboard ain’t for the faint at heart.)
Now that I’ve said that, here are some things that have been on my mind lately…
- Everyone has an opinion. Go with yours, but only if it’s well informed.
- Society deserves to not have to be subjected to every Tom, Dick and Harry’s opinion…so if you don’t have anything to say to better society, then keep your comments to yourself.
- To the internet trolls, stop! It’s funny how much courage a person gets behind a keyboard. The bible says, “judge not, lest ye be judged.” Try that on for yourself.
- And before you decided to have an opionion, educate yourself. We have enough people hurting from all these made up societal standards. Remember several of the social “rules” are made up. There is nothing that actually makes them real. In fact, they vary by geography. So put your elbows on the table.
- Why do you care so much?! This is something I seriously ask often. Like what makes you care enough to have an opinion. Example: there’s a young lady at my job (a global organization that’s number one in the industry and likely setting standards for the place you work)…this young lady is probably brilliant. I caught myself judging her. I was a hypocrite to my own thoughts, but I caught myself. So my future thought was anyone who’s putting that much energy into judging her probably doesn’t have enough work.
- I won’t say anything more than the name of Donald Trump because 90% of America agrees with me even if they’ve voted for him.
- If my boyfriend’s son huffs at him one more time… Momma bear rising up. I’ve raised too many kids to be passive.
- Everything Jesus did wasn’t pretty
- I wish people could have as much compassion for Christians as they as we have for them
- No, Christians won’t agree with everything. That’s part of our faith. We chose it and there’s not enough Christian bashing and bullying in the world that would make me change that.
- Leave the mom from the Harambe situation alone.
- Fear and boldness do coexist. One just eventually wins.
- I guess I have an opinion. I’m gonna go with mine. I’ll try to be informed.